Website Design Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Some answers to the most often asked website design questions.
If you cannot find the answer to your question below, please contact me and I will endeavour to answer any questions you may have.
I am happy to accept payment by cash, bank transfer or by PayPal (which includes debit/credit card options). When you agree to me building your website I would require a deposit of 50% of the total price, the balance being payable once your site is ready to go live. A 50% deposit is also required before commencing work on any other design project with the balance payable upon satisfactory completion.
No, the price we agree is the price you will pay for any design project, there are no hidden fees. With website design projects that include 1 year of web hosting and domain registration, renewal costs will apply if you decide to renew after the initial year.
Prior to starting any website design work I discuss what you would like to achieve from your website, so using that, plus any further information you supply and any questions from my side, I start the design. You will initially receive a mock-up of your design, we will then work together to get it looking the way you require. Once you are happy with this design and have approved the final look, I will build this into a draft site. Based on your feedback and revision requests, I will take this to the initial build stage for your approval. Once you are 100% happy with this, the final website will be built. Remember, I offer unlimited revisions to guarantee that you will be 100% happy with your website, then you will sign it off as complete.
At the outset we will agree a time frame for completion of your website design or design project and I will always aim to deliver your finished project on time. As each project is different, times will vary but I would generally be looking at a typical website design and build taking 2 to 3 weeks to complete. If your project is urgent it could possibly be completed in a week, depending on the complexity. For logo and branding design, the process can take anything from a couple of days, depending on the requirements.
Yes, all of my websites are built using an easy to use content management system. This allows you to make changes to the content using a word-like editor. Once your site goes live, you will receive the login details to enable you to log in and make changes. You will also receive comprehensive information on the content management system and a easy update guide. Plus, don't forget, I am just an email away if you need more assistance.
In order for me to design a draft for your website (or logo/branding) I ask you to answer the following questions. Please note that I offer unlimited revisions of your website design until you are 100% happy and sign it off.
- Do you already have a business email address? (i.e. not one provided by your internet service provide such as email@example.com)
- Have you got a business logo?
- Do you already have a domain name? (i.e. yourbusinessname.com)
- Have you already got website hosting?
- Your company/business/project name? - Type of business? - What do you provide? Purpose of your website?
- What pages would you like on the website? (e.g. Home, About, Services, Contact, etc). These are not set in stone but give me an idea when planning your website.
- Are there any websites you particularly like? This is more from a style/colour/layout/design point of view so I can understand the style of website you require.
- Are there any websites you do not like?
- If you do not have a business logo, is there a logo idea(s) or colour schemes you particularly like or dislike?
- Do you know of any competitor websites? If so please list them.
- What social media platforms do you wish to link to?
- If you have anything else that you feel has not been covered by this questionnaire please list your comments here.
Yes of course - if you are looking for a totally new brand/logo, or need to rebrand I can help with my logo/branding design service. I just need some details regarding what you would like to achieve and can draft some designs for you. Your final design(s) will be suitable for use online and in print.
OK that's fine, I can work with you to build your website on your existing web hosting server if you already have website hosting. If you have already purchased your domain name I will just need you to change some settings associated with your domain so it will work with my web hosting platform. In either case, your website will be made live once you are happy with the final design.
All of my website design packages include registering your chosen domain name and hosting your website for 1 year. After the initial year, the cost of renewing your domain name and website hosting will be £40 per year. You are, of course, free to transfer your hosting and domain elsewhere at any time, subject to domain registrars conditions.